Château Gâteaux Online
Privacy and Security Notice 1.1 Your right to privacy and security is very important to us. Château Gâteauxand its subsidiaries, (Château Gâteaux, we, us, our) treat personal information as private and confidential. This Online Privacy and Security Notice applies to personal information we obtain through this website (“Site”), our Loyalty App (“The App”) and in our stores (“The Stores”) and describes the types of personal information we obtain through the Site, App and The Stores; how we may use the information; with whom we may share it and the choices you may have regarding our use of the information. We also describe the measures we take to safeguard the information and tell you how to contact us about our privacy practices.
2. How We Collect and Use Personal Information:
2.1 We collect personal information for the purposes set out in this notice or otherwise communicated to you. We collect personal information directly from you when:
– you purchase our products, contact us directly or provide information through this Site, The App or The Stores.
– respond to and communicate with you about your requests, questions and comments;
– operate, evaluate and improve our business (including developing new products and services; managing our communications; determining the effectiveness of our sales, marketing and advertising; analysing and enhancing our products, services and Site; and performing accounting, auditing, billing, reconciliation and collection activities);
– perform data analyses and other processing (including market and consumer research, trend analysis, financial analysis, anonymization, encryption and tokenization of personal information);
– operate, evaluate and improve our business (including developing new services; enhancing and improving our services; analysing our services; managing our communications; performing data analytics and market research; and performing accounting, auditing and other internal functions);
– protect against, identify, and prevent fraud and other criminal activity, claims and other liabilities; and
– comply with and enforce applicable legal requirements, relevant industry standards and our policies.
– should you complain in one of The Stores then we collect your name, surname, contact number and email address in order to make contact and resolve your complaint.
– from time to time, we may run competitions in The Stores where your name, surname, contact number and email is collected in order to enter you into the competition draw as well as make contact if you win the competition.
– we may occasionally do surveys in The Stores and collect your name, age, email address and contact number should we would like to make contact to get more information.
– as part of our internal process for contact tracing during the Covid-19 pandemic in The Stores, we collect your name, surname, address, email address and contact number.
2.2 In addition, we use information collected on The Site through cookies, web beacons and other automated means for purposes such as
(i) customizing our users’ visits to our Site,
(ii)delivering content (including advertising) tailored to our users’ interests and the way our users browse our Site, and
(iii)managing our business.
2.3 We also use this information to help diagnose technical and service problems, administer our Site, identify users of our Site, and gather demographic information about our users. We use clickstream data to determine how much time users spend on web pages of our Site, how users navigate through our Site, and how we may tailor our Site to better meet the needs of our users.
2.4 We also may use the information we obtain about you in other ways for which we provide specific notice at the time of collection.
2.5 We may use third-party web analytics services on our Site, such as those of Google Analytics. The analytics providers that administer these services use technologies such as cookies, web server logs and web beacons to help us analyse how visitors use the Site. The information collected through these means (including IP address) is disclosed to these analytics providers, who use the information to evaluate use of the Site. To learn more about Google Analytics and how to opt out, please visit www.google.com/analytics/learn/privacy.html.
2.6 Our Site is not designed to respond to “do not track” signals received from browsers.
2.7 We may use various tracking tools which allow us to track and analyse consumer behaviour across the web and monitor website performance. An example of this is Facebook Pixel which enable ecommerce stores and websites to get information about their visitors.
2.8 Without your personal information, we may not be able to provide or continue to provide you with the products or services that you need.
3. Sharing of Information
3.2 In addition, we may disclose information about you
(i) if we are required to do so by law or legal process,
(ii) to law enforcement authorities or other government officials based on a lawful disclosure request, or
(iii) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss, or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual fraudulent or illegal activity. We reserve the right to transfer any information we have about you in the event we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets (including in the event of a reorganization, dissolution or liquidation).
4. Transfer Across Borders
4.1 Sometimes we will process your personal information in other countries, either to carry out your instructions or for ordinary business purposes. These countries may not have the same level of protection. We will only process your personal information with your consent. If necessary, we will ask the party to whom we transfer your personal information to agree to our privacy principles, associated policies and practices.
5.1 We store personal information as required by law.
6.1 If you give us permission, we may use your personal or other information to tell you about products, services and special offers from us or other companies that may interest you. We offer you certain choices about how we communicate with you and what information we collect from you. To update your preferences, ask us to remove your information from our mailing lists or submit a request, please contact us as indicated in the “Contact Us” section on The Site. Alternatively, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
7. Third Parties and Other Website Links
7.1 We ask other organisations to provide support services to us. When we do this, they have to agree to our privacy policies if they need access to any personal information to carry out their services.
7.2 Our website may also contain links to or from other websites. We try to link only to websites that also have high standards and respect for privacy, but we are not responsible for their security and privacy practices or their content. We recommend that you always read the privacy and security notices on these websites.
8. Chateau Gateaux Loyalty App
8.1 Château Gâteaux collects, stores and uses your personal information (as the term is defined in Protection of Personal Information Act 4 of 2013 (“POPIA”)) for the following purposes:
to greet you when you contact us;
to compile non-personal statistical information for marketing and promotional purposes;
for research to develop new products, services and offers;
to contact you via app notifications, SMS or emails to share marketing communication and promotional offers.
8.2 You hereby consent to the processing (as the term is defined in POPIA) of your personal information for the purposes set out above.
8.3 Your personal information will not be shared with any third parties.
9. How We Protect Personal Information
9.1 We are committed and obliged to implement all reasonable controls to safeguard access to your personal information. We maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to protect the personal information you provide against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use.
9.2 Where third parties are required to process your personal information in relation to the purposes set out in this notice and for other legal requirements, we ensure that they are contractually bound to apply the appropriate security practices.
9.3 All use of our website and transactions through it are protected by encryption in line with international standards.
9.4 We may share with or receive personal information from parties as set out above, where these parties reside outside of the Republic of South Africa.
9.5 In the Stores all information are kept in a file with restricted access by store management only, as and when required to perform their daily duties. The Stores are locked after hours with various security controls and monitoring systems in place to restrict access from unwanted visitors.
10. Your Right to Access Information
10.1 You have the right to request access to the personal information we process about you in accordance to Promotion of Access to Information (PAIA) act.
10.2 If you have any questions regarding this, please contact us in the “Contact Us” section on The Site. Alternatively, send an email to email@example.com
11. Personal Use of Emails and Notice About Checking on Emails
11.1 Our communication and information systems are for business use. However, we realise that our employees occasionally use our systems for personal use. Personal use includes sending or receiving personal emails within or outside Château Gâteaux. We do not accept responsibility for the contents of personal emails sent by our employees using our systems. Please note that we may intercept, check on and delete any communications created, stored, sent, or received using our systems, according to any law that applies.
12. Updates to Our Online Privacy Notice
12.1 This Online Privacy Notice will be updated periodically and without prior notice to you to reflect changes in our personal information practices. We will post a prominent notice on our Site to notify you of any significant changes to our Online Privacy Notice and indicate at the top of the notice when it was most recently updated.
13. Château Gâteaux Information Office
Our Information Officer can be contacted on the following email address : Candice@chateaugateaux.co.za